Jim's Variable Soap Box

Insight on thoughts and opinions from my life.

Name:
Location: Manassas, Virginia, United States

I am a happy person, just trying to make sense of this world and do something worthwhile from time to time.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

Greetings to everyone in the new year! I am hoping 2006 will in fact be better than 2005. Last year was okay for some things, starting back to school and traveling. My parents divorced when I was like 3 years old. I never met my Father after that, according to others he came around a couple of times, but because of not paying support for me, Mom wouldn't let him in. Actually, he had a lot of respect for my Mother to honor her request. In the internet age, I searched and found that my Father had died in 1999, buried in Kansas. He had a sister living there as well. In 2004 my Mother passed away and on her side pretty much all of the relatives have died. So, no family left. When Mom decided to shield me from my Father, she included all of his family as well. I guess she really didn't want him to have any means to contact me. Now with everyone gone, I contacted my Dad's side and they welcomed me as the missing cousin. His brothers and sisters have pretty good sized families. I visited my cousins and Aunt in Topeka over Thanksgiving, it was a wonderful experience, am so happy it went well. This was a good experience from 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home